Sunday 17 December 2017

My Recommended Poetry Websites


As I may have mentioned in past years, I'm not much for end-of-the-year lists: other people do them  better, my mind doesn't really work that way, I spent much of 2017 reading spy novels (all actual excuses for me this year.)

However, I thought I'd share some of my go-to poetry and poetry in translation websites, where you can find the finest and most varied poetry and work around poetry. Many of these are probably obvious already if you read my blog, they're also probably obvious even if you don't read my blog, and I've left out a lot (call this a small sampling rather than a list). But anyway, all of these come highly recommended and if you don't already know them, they will expand your poetry world.

As further proof of my laziness, I won't recommend blogs specifically, but will instead point out to Matthew Stewart's list at the Rogue Strands blog: http://roguestrands.blogspot.co.uk/2017/12/the-best-uk-poetry-blogs-of-2017.html

Poetry websites

Poetry Foundation
Poets.org
Poetry Archive
Forward Arts Foundation
And Other Poems
Ink Sweat & Tears
Poethead
Divedapper

Poetry in translation websites

Modern Poetry in Translation
Poetry Translation Centre
Lyrikline
Poems Found In Translation
Words Without Borders
Jacket2
Asymptote



No comments:

Post a Comment